As many of you already may know, I am a quodophile (someone who loves quotes) and a quotationist (a person who habitually uses quotations). I simply could not have let February end without sharing some of my most favorite love quotes. Enjoy!
1. Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.
~ Paulo Coelho
"I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you."
~ Roy Croft
3. We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
~ Sam Keen
"Where there is love there is life."
5. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion and passionate embraces; marriage is also three-meals-a-day and remembering to carry out the trash.”
~ Joyce Brothers
“Love is friendship that has caught fire. […] It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”
~ Ann Landers
7. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.”
~ Josh Billings
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
~ Stephen Chbosky
9. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.”
~Barbara De Angelis
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
11.“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
~ Lucille Ball
“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.”
~ Jane Austen
13. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
~ A. A. Milne
15. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
"We are most alive when we are in love."
17. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness- and call it love- true love.”
~ Robert Fulghum
"When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable."
~Jess C. Scott
19. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
~ Elbert Hubbard
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
~ 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
21.“Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.' Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.'”
~ Erich Fromm
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.
~ Maya Angelou
23. “Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
“I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.”
~ Rita Rudner
25. “To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.”
~ Dr. Seuss
So those were my top 25 favorite love quotes. I hope that you enjoyed them. What are some of your favorite love quotes?